• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goat Mountain xmas tree/snow run extravaganza!!!!!

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
I had fun. Anybody else?
We had nine or ten meet at the Ranger Station with several more that started up the mountain since they came from Molalla.
Dustin has some sweet new tires. Man those are sweet!

Dustinsnewshoes.jpg

We waited till it started getting slick from the other folks who had come up before we aired down.

airingdown.jpg

We headed straight for the towers but first we stopped to play a bit at this wide spot/former gravel pit

nick1.jpg

terry1.jpg

nick2.jpg

We were the first ones to head up the road to the towers this morning so I got to break trail heading up. Fortunatly there wasn't too much

breakingsnow.jpg

Once we got up past the big rock quarry we waited for the rest of the group to catch up when karl came flying up past us

karl.jpg

I followed the group up to the top but I wasn't able to get up the challenging side and had to go around to the easy route. Karl was having fun with it though

karl2.jpg

It really was cold and icey up there

clearlake.jpg

This guy was with Ken and Karl. I didn't catch his name.

redjk.jpg

I stupidly set my parking brake and left it for a good 40 minutes while we were up there and it froze. Getting it unfrozen gave me a chance to take a few pictures.

uptop.jpg

BEASTLY

dustinsnewshoes2.jpg

Juniorxj, 88manch, puddin99 and I split off from the splinter group we were in and kept going along the 45 road. We made it as far as the big quarry where it was really coming down. There was over a foot at that point.

terry2.jpg

terry3.jpg

Puddin99

puddin1.jpg

88manche

nick3.jpg

Cruising back toward the highway

cruisin.jpg

Stopped for a group shot

group.jpg

Hooligans!

hooligans.jpg

snowyhills.jpg

nick4.jpg

endoftheday.jpg

Great pictures! I can say I had a blast. It was slick as all get up.

We headed home through the Bagby area to Molalla. The snow was in the 16-18" depth. I have a couple of videos and will try and get them up tomorrow.

Nothing wrong. Its a wide angle/fisheye adapter lens. Lets me get closer to the action and still allows me to get everything in the shot.

the snow is finaly in the hills. so we decided to go play in it and look for trees at the same time. i started my day at 7:00am getting things ready to go and watchting the weather report and getting more and more excited by the second. 7:45 i decided it was time to go, it may be slippy. as i sit and wait for things to get warm i kept looking at the huge hole ware my stereo should be so i tossed it back in right quick. 8:15 on my way. i dont know how i did it but i made it from my house to esticada ranger station under a half hour. from there the fun began.

the begining crowd
DSC_2174.jpg

airing down
DSC_2181.jpg

on the way to the towers.
DSC_2210.jpg

time for some disk fun
DSC_2216.jpg

WEEEEEEE!
DSC_2219.jpg

that tire is alot bigger than it used to be.
DSC_2221.jpg

off again.
DSC_2222.jpg

just after the gate is a simple uphill section, well, simple when dry.
DSC_2241.jpg

elbow greace
DSC_2243.jpg

DSC_2244.jpg

not happining, time to call in the dozer.
DSC_2245.jpg

DSC_2247.jpg

i think i can i think i can.
DSC_2259.jpg

DSC_2261.jpg

more coming.

continuing on with the day.

nick took a couple good trys to get up.
DSC_2294.jpg

BEEF
DSC_2306.jpg

traffic jam
DSC_2320.jpg

we went back down to the main rd and dustin decided since the weather was getting alot worse and he still had to drive to camas he would head down. get them pics up soon dustin, your rig looks badasss.
DSC_2321.jpg

sideways
DSC_2329.jpg

and the group at the end of the day. a little smaller than in the morning.
DSC_2334.jpg

hay nick, here is you senior pic. what do ya think?
DSC_2343.jpg

kind of a prudy view on our way down.
DSC_2364.jpg

well thats all i got for yall. it was way too fun out there and im doing it again next weekend. drive safe tomorow.

you know what? why didnt we go to that lake below the towers? whats the scoop?

Last edited:
That was a fun little trip. It was nice to get away, and find some snow to mess around in. I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming months.

I somehow only managed to get five pictures total, so here are the relevant ones.

Partial group shot.
IMG_0004.jpg

Just because you went to Moab, doesn't mean you have to make a special entrance every time. :D
IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

The rest are just poser shots.

I still have a small list of things to do, but the Jeep should be ready for some real action here soon. I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel!

here are some of our pics

100_1341.jpg

100_1345.jpg

100_1347.jpg

100_1352.jpg

Caption this....lol (just dont tell my daughter)
100_1358.jpg

PC120233.jpg

PC130248.jpg

lil man complex ? lol
PC130250.jpg

we got a few decent videos too, ill try n post em up later.

Yeah that Ford is somthing else.... When we passed on the trail I was able to look directly into his exhust pipe from my drivers seat.... I feel sorry for that guy's wife

how did the KM2's do in the snow?

how did the KM2's do in the snow?

Honestly, it's hard to say. The majority of the snow up there was powder, but the base of it was literally ice. I didn't intend on really wheeling so I didn't bother with airing down. For the most part I just crawled along all day. On one hill though, I had to grab third and use a bit of the stupid pedal. I think for a true snow review though we need a lot more snow and less powder. Josh was at TSF with his set this weekend, so maybe he'll chime in with a more detailed review. I think I'm going to like them though. ;)

Honestly, it's hard to say. The majority of the snow up there was powder, but the base of it was literally ice. I didn't intend on really wheeling so I didn't bother with airing down. For the most part I just crawled along all day. On one hill though, I had to grab third and use a bit of the stupid pedal. I think for a true snow review though we need a lot more snow and less powder. Josh was at TSF with his set this weekend, so maybe he'll chime in with a more detailed review. I think I'm going to like them though. ;)

cool, I mounted mine this weekend and has there been a front axle in my jeep I would have put them on yesterday.

Back