• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad camping trip

rock rash

NAXJA Forum User
well i just got back from a weekend camping trip. We had six rigs going up. 4 made it. The first was a ealry 70s chevy on 44" boggers that blew a rod and made a 6" diameter hole in his oil pan. Had to leave that at a parking lot on the way up, almost get there, and my heep pops out of gear. Try to shut it off. start it up and it wont work. So had to put the transfer case and transmision into neutral and be towed the rest of the way. 100 yards later, my tow strap broke. Tied it back together for a TEMPORARY fix. got it to the campsite just as it snapped again. Stayed the night. Thismorning tried it again, couldnt get it to move. Then i thrown the transfercase into 4lo and transmision into drive. low and behold it worked...but i had 70 miles to go. So i ended up driving 30 mph the whole way home, even along US 287 where the speed limit is 65. Yay that was fun! Thats the end of it. Now my heep is sitting in front of my house and i have no money to fix it....

thanks for atleast opening the thread! :D

Sounds like a good trip, by my standards..:D

Back