• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

in Car GPS recommendation

RNMedic

NAXJA Member #659
as the title says, for my wife, needs to be easy and quick to use. who has one and how do you like it??

TomTom.

110%. Kicks the crumb out of the Garmin on-road copies. Hell they even look alike..

I've used the Garmin C330, it's not a bad unit, however it led me down quite a few dead ends. The map software isn't all there. However it may just be opinion. <3 tomtom.

btw, sarge what's with not being red anymore?

What ever happened to people using maps and knowing where they are going ahead of time?

Just one more distraction for people when they are driving.

Is it just me or do people just not pay enough attention as it is. I cant believe people need to have a GPS tell them where a gas station is, READ THE SIGNS ON THE ROAD!!!

my wife drives all over and this with a voice would be less hassle than screwing with a map.

mdl,

Never been in red actually. No longer own an XJ but for the most part I can't afford to become a member. The gps was bought when things were looking up then came three months of docs and hospitals. The only time I've run into problems with my Garmin was due to construction closing roads, areas that close their roads as they wish or the always changing St Louis no left turn signs. I did like a few features of the TomTom better but couldn't swing the extra bucks.

I have problems when I'm going across town via side streets and have to remember more than three or four turns. In my business time is money so the gps is a time saver. Plus not having been born in this city I don't have the entire city memorized but I work everywhere. As for a distraction, what distraction? Easier than looking at a map while driving. Enter an addie and listen to the voice. No different than the radio. If I need to look it's mounted right in front of me and I can see the road at the same time. Also tells me how long the trip will take and is usually real close. We always have customers asking when we're going to be there. All my parts stores are in the system so I can always tell which one is closer. Face it, even grunts use the things now.

Sarge

Back