• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Umpteenth Annual Goat Mountain Christmas Tree/Snow Run Dec 12th, 2015

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
Put it on your calendars. The Christmas tree run is back this year after getting skunked on snow last year nobody went. That ain't happening this year. We'll truck in snow from Siberia if we have to.

Meeting place is the Clackamas Ranger District station in Estacada. Come early to buy your permit, only $5, free if you've got a fourth grader (I don't know why) We will roll put at 9am and head up toward Goat Mountain to find some white stuff, and some green stuff. Have recovery points front and rear and a full tank of gas.

I'm in! This might be the white jeeps shake down lol

Bump
We're a week out. Temperature as of this moment at Wanderers Peak (4350 feet) is 33 degrees. Forecast is for rain and snow through Wednesday then some snowfall Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It's not gonna be an epic snow run but it'll cover up the gravel and make the trees pretty.

Unfortunately I'm out, I'll be out of town. Somewhere a little warmer.
Plus someone is taking their sweet ass time with my shocks so my jeep likely wouldn't be ready by then anyway

The Christmas tree run is back this year after getting skunked on snow last year nobody went. That ain't happening this year.

696bc8df2fabcc90bfd91af4d34392af.jpg

I'm out, gf doesn't want to snow wheel, said that she doesn't feel comfortable while my daughter being so little. So I'm using the day to get my jeep up and running instead. Spent the day getting tools to my brothers house so I can lift the front and drop the crossmember

I'm out, gf doesn't want to snow wheel, said that she doesn't feel comfortable while my daughter being so little. So I'm using the day to get my jeep up and running instead. Spent the day getting tools to my brothers house so I can lift the front and drop the crossmember
Should've told her a guy in an Xterra is leading.

It's 5:30 am and I'm on my way to work

This week has been a shit show.

I was thinking about quitting my job last night... But I need more jeep parts.

Sorry guys.

Back