• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Itching for a camping trip! Aug 21-23? (Feeler)

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
Anyone in for a weekend camping trip up to Kingsley reservoir?

From my understanding the trails are shut down just like TSF but Kingsley has camping right on the reservoir..

Anyone?

Summer Campout? In!

IFPL is at Level 2 so all trails are back open.

I think this would be a fun weekend of wheeling the 197, crawling around in the play area, and then coming back to camp on the shores of the reservoir.

We haven't had a good trip since NWF, dust off your junk guys!

I would but I'm not sure if I can get her pieced back together again in time. Been out of town on work so much lately. I had an offer from someone in the club to come out for a day and help and I may take them up on that soon just to see if it would get me closer.

Maybe in for Sat

Mevermind, near positive after putting in a half day on her today that I will be there.
Is there any wheeling there that's decent?

Mevermind, near positive after putting in a half day on her today that I will be there.
Is there any wheeling there that's decent?
It's a pretty new ORV area so it's definitely no TSF with a huge trail network. However the #197 trail is pretty lengthy, and has a little bit of everything. With a good sized group it usually takes a few hours to run.

There are also two boulder fields near the reservoir that are fun to crawl around in.

Check out our trip report from March, HERE.

It's a pretty new ORV area so it's definitely no TSF with a huge trail network. However the #197 trail is pretty lengthy, and has a little bit of everything. With a good sized group it usually takes a few hours to run.

There are also two boulder fields near the reservoir that are fun to crawl around in.

Check out our trip report from March, HERE.
In other words, you'll drive as much getting there as you do while you're there.

Yea. So it's a half day if wheeling and a weekend of camping. Are there any other ORV'S within a half hour is so we could hit that weekend? Sounds like we'll finish it up by Noon on Saturday and be itching for more.

Didn't mean to say half hour stupid phone. Are there any other trails within an hour drive so that there's some other stuff to do? For example, there's stuff up on Mt Hood, some trail out in Estacada, etc.

That's why a camping trip to Kingsley would be fun

The campground/reservoir is real close to the rock garden, which is where trails begin(???)

I guess I'll tag along then..... see if I can't finish popping my rear window out

They got a toilet there(wife and kids) or should we pack one in?
Wait, can you get there with an RV? Trying to figure out which way we want to go this time around.

Google provided the following...
No drinking water. No showers. A bit rustic. This is a Hood River County campground west of Hood River on the edge of the Cascades. Once known for its terrible access road, that's all changed. While still not a class-A highway, the Kingsley Road has been reworked and is now a good gravel road. More improvements are planned, but presently there are 20 tent sites, a new pit toilet, and a boat ramp with parking. At 3200' , Kingsley reservoir can offer cool relief of a hot summer night, as well as wildlife watching or trout fishing in the reservoir. There are good trails for mountain biking including an abandoned road. Oh yeah, no fee for camping here.
The road in is not bad at all, however it climbs pretty quick in elevation. I've never looked closely at the sites to see if you can squeeze an RV in, but I would imagine if there's room to park vehicles, there's room for an RV.

Back