• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TXTrailhawk overland expedition build thread

TXTrailHawk

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Wanted to start a build thread for my 2000 Cherokee. I'm already pretty far along. I bought the jeep completely stock with the C 8.25 rear axle. This is my first XJ. I have built and sold 3 wranglers before this.

I've added:

4.5 inch Rubicon Express lift with Bilstein
32 inch BFG MTs on Rubicon 10A wheels
5100 shocks
ARB front bumper
Warn winch
Smittybilt rear bumper/tire carrier
Lokka Lockers front and rear
Homemade roof basket with surround LED light bars
Homemade limb risers
Leather seat conversion out of a ZJ
Cobra CB radio
Napier Precision hood vents

f9dffc70b81963abb884bf328fa40e8e.jpg
70aadaeb4857585e1752bb8e8db34d0d.jpg
1002cb227a4efd4c48675f086270eef5.jpg
c5730bc42d948d770c2fea16d83306eb.jpg
b5fdff532deb11e698dc1c21b04756d6.jpg
47c6ba40dd690290adc0da4a2f5ab266.jpg
05efbc1dc26ff8f4f32fd6796012eed4.jpg

I think i said the same in the rrc chapter when you posted that gas station pic but those rubicon wheels look damn sharp on that rig. 17's?

Thanks bud. Yes, they are 17 inch Rubicon 10a take offs. I thought they looked cool and hadnt seen any on an XJ. I also like the black and sliver look with a little red jeep. Goes along with my silver and black with hints of red.

What kinda of clearance you have on stock flairs on the 4.5? I have the old Rubicons and cut my fronts so I could drive. I just have 2" cheapo lift.

How do you like that Smittybuilt rear bumper/carrier? I've been eyeing it.

What kinda of clearance you have on stock flairs on the 4.5? I have the old Rubicons and cut my fronts so I could drive. I just have 2" cheapo lift.

I havnt had any rubbing issues on the flares. Where I have been rubbing is on my ARB bumper. It wraps around too far. If is has rubbed the flares, it hasnt hurt anything yet. And I have had it in some pretty flexed out positions.

I like it alot. I havnt had any issues with it yet. I like the fact that it can hold a Hi Lift and gerry can. I also could mount my CB antenna on it. Ive been running it for 9 months and am pleased with it so far.

How was the install? Read a few horror stories about getting it to fit.

Do you have a gas tank skid?

How was the install? Read a few horror stories about getting it to fit.

Do you have a gas tank skid?

I installed it by myself, so it kind of difficult. An extra set of hands to help hold and balance things would have been nice. But overall it wasnt that bad. I found an install thread online that was pretty helpful.

I do not have a gas tank skid.

Back