• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

short notice camping recommendations

dfarmxj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to go for an overnight tomorrow, preferably somewhere around elbe, but if the spot is cool, packwood isn't too far to go. (From graham )

Now for what I'm looking for, the perfect spot would require some light four wheeling to access, be in a cool area (good scenery), have little traffic around the camp spot, and a spot to fish within walking distance of the camp would be awesome.

Does anyone from the NWC have any ideas for a spot to go?

Theres a couple little spots up Skate Creek road that are right next to the creek.

I've thought about those before, but I'm a weirdo about sleeping in a tent right next to a paved road. I should probably get over it, because there are a lot of cool spots where the only thing that I think is wrong with them is being right off of the road.

Thanks for the idea though. I'll probably end up somewhere off of section 1 or 2 of the wabdr.

Yes they do you pay in a drop box at the camp grounds. I recommend getting the Mt St. Helens district map. It is the best quality map offered in the Gifford Pinchot.

Let us know how it went

We had a good time. We ended up finding a spot off of fs23, which is part of the wabdr. The folks at the ranger station in handle were almost useless.

Back