• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pond in my passenger side floor board, water leak 90XJ

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I have been chasing this issue for a few weeks and I finally have it!

My first thought was the wind shield. I had it replaced and the seal was compromised in the lower right corner of the passenger side.

Still had a leak:(

After a hose soak test i found my pass side door wasn't sealing along the front of the door gasket. The gasket was new its just the door needed re-gaping to fit to the gasket better. Re-adjusted the door.

Still have a leak:(

Finally I found that water was pouring in just under the blower motor where a rubber hose/wire loom looking thing penetrates the fire wall. One tube of black RTV later and the leak is now fixed!

My wing windows still drip some but i have solid windows to replace those with soon.

Other things to look for; Antenna wire grommet, make sure its sealed. Make sure the cowl drain holes are clear. Make sure the door drain holes are clear.

Just thought i would help those out that might search this issue.

You could have just moved to Arizona.

Always doing things the hard way... :D

Just to be different,,I have a water leak on the drivers side,runs in over/around the fuse block.
My fat head wont fit under/around seat/brake to look up and find source.
What is there that has a connection to the out side?

Just to be different,,I have a water leak on the drivers side,runs in over/around the fuse block.

The bulkhead connecter goes through the firewall and into the back of the fuse block. Best to seal it from the outside if you can get your hands down in there. I used a tube of RTV with a straw glued to the nozzle so I could force the RTV down and around the blower motor. That same idea may work with the bulkhead connecter.

The bulkhead connecter goes through the firewall and into the back of the fuse block. Best to seal it from the outside if you can get your hands down in there. I used a tube of RTV with a straw glued to the nozzle so I could force the RTV down and around the blower motor. That same idea may work with the bulkhead connecter.

I,ll give that a try, If it gets a little more above freezing ,today.

Took me forever to find out the final leak source (I had several) was the rear passenger window that was not closed all the way to the tip top, and the water on the front seat floor was coming from the rear seat floor, not visa versa!!!!

We were getting high wind horizontal driving rains back then too. Now we have a drought, :D LOL.

But the drought stopped the leak,.. right?

The easiest trick I found when you are going to spend a lot of time in that area of the vehicle is to just pull the seat out... it's 4 bolts and if you have electric seats, one connector... I have the big gucci waterproof rubber floor mats, just put those over the bolts and lay down and enjoy working on your jeep.

I did this when doing an ABS delete, made life much better, since I was under there for a few hours figuring everything out.

If you go on the engine compartment, underneath the booster, you will see this big black box, there are two screws (I think on the engine side IIRC) which you can loosen, squirt in your RTV, and then tighten down again.

I worked on the outside yesterday,There was a big gap behind the Brake booster. Pretty sure the seal/gasket has shrunk/pulled away. Put some rope caulking in the gap. Electrical connection was sealed and tight.

Also put gasket back between hood and cowl,it was removed for better air flow with spaced hood.

My leak(s) on the passenger side ended up being the large 2' long rubber on the door itself. Over time it had warped and pulled away from the door in two or three spots. When it rained and the front of the Jeep was facing downhill or just almost level the water from the rain gutters would funnel in at the door crack (emphasis on funnel) and right past those warped spots. It never happened when the Jeep was facing UPhill.

I removed the big rubber piece...straightened it out and goobed it up with some black adhesive RTV, reinstalled it, clamped it, let it dry. No more leak!!...same thing is now happening with my MJ. The difference with the MJ though is volume, there's less roof to funnel the water in. That's my job this weekend, no rain until Monday/Tuesday.

Mine was doin that last winter and oddly in the middle of the summer with no rain. Ended up being my drain hose from the bottom of theblower housing was plugged and the condensor moisture was filling up the housing when the defrost or a/c was on and running the air conditioner. The hose is kind of a bitch to get to or even see. Its accsessed from uner the jeep up below the blower housing. Just a hose that drains water out of the housing

Back