• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Field Kitchen

Fred has a nice setup he built as well. I'm still trying to get my teardrop offroad trailer built and will have something of the sorts built in. I've been looking for a used propane/electric fridge/freezer before I finalize the galley design.

Mines pretty shabby compared to that, but it was cheaper, and it did keep me busy in the basement for the winter. :) And it has a coffee maker. I'll get some pictures one of these days.

Yeah, it's buried under parts from the Jeep on the trailer. Maybe this weekend. I'm in the middle of putting in a new floor panel, a roll cage, and lots of miscellaneous things. And my kid backed up his 97 into a tree, so now I have to drive a couple of hours to get another hatch, etc. Meanwhile my 95 year old mother is in the cardiac unit. She's doing just fine, but we probably will have to change her living arrangements.

I may just go sit in the hotsprings in Ouray for all of Cofest. :)

So...where are the pics? :D

jk man, I was just curious is all. Get your stuff done and go relax. I did that this weekend and feel like a new person.

So I got stuff done. Getting laid off helped. :)
A caveat: I'm bad at making things look good. Functionality is my thing. My wife has to do all the prep, and detail work when we paint the house, all I do do is man the roller. The M416 looks pretty decrepit because it has had no attention this year. All the attention was on the blankety, blank jeeps.
Now that I've made excuses, here are the pics.
100_4177.jpg

Box in the M416.

100_4168.jpg

It also fits in this hitch carrier.

100_4169.jpg

The rail and bearing set-up I will use to make the slide out. It's made by Roll On.

100_4166.jpg

Box

100_4167.jpg

Side view

100_4171.jpg

Box open.

100_4172.jpg

Bracket

100_4173.jpg

Supported counter.

Set-up doesn't take long. The hardest part is getting that adapter T screwed into the propane tank.
100_4174.jpg

Box Open.

100_4175.jpg

Set-up. Note the slide out for the drip coffe maker. It needs some work, it took forever to make coffee on the very cold and wet morning after Led's bachelor party at Independence.

100_4176.jpg

The drawers I got at K-mart. They fit perfectly without absolutely any planning before hand. :)

I spent some time looking at fancy hinges on the web, but they were expensive, so I just used hardware store stuff, like a piano hinge. It might hold together for awhile if care is taken with it. The box is 5/8" and 1/2" plywood, or whatever the partial fraction size they sell these days. It was all cut with an old Skil saw that was my Dad's. The joints are screwed and glued, but still the box warps easily if one end is not supported.

It was handy for a drunk chef to feed the drunks at Led's party out in the boonies. :)

That's all folks.

Back