• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower switch location?

onesic6

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 Cherokee and the blower has stopped working all together. I spent a lot of time reading through threads before posting this but couldn't find my answer. First thing I tried was to replace the blower motor and that did nothing it would still not spin on any speed. I ordered a blower motor resistor (which I've found the location of) and a blower motor switch. Both will be in tomorrow and hopefully one of them will fix the problem.

My question is where is the blower motor switch located at? My jeep is one of the lower model ones with crank windows, manual locks, and the climate controls are two levers with a wheel that rotates up and down on the left side. I'm not sure if this style climate control has a blower switch or not. I also wanted to note that there is a conector hanging near the resisor that is not plugged into anything and I can't fin where it goes. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm trying to get some heat before the big snow storm here in Washington DC tomorrow!

Thanks!

The wheel is the fan switch.

The part you linked to looks right. Notice the piece that is like a half-moon in between the legs--there are two of those and the "wheel" has two little legs that will ride in the half-moons.

I had the same problem and replaced the switch...still didnt fix it. It ended up being the wires in the harness behind the control mechanism somehow shorted out to the point of melting the plastic harness. easy fix...just cut and splice. not problems since.

Back