• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow Run. 10-01-09

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Kids out of school today and the sun came out. I decieded to go back to the mountains.

Since it's only 20 min from house it was well worth the drive up.
Sitting at Snakes point. It is called this because an old Forest Service ranger my dad knew named Snake Green was climbing that cliff. He got to the top, undid his harness and a gust of wind caught him and blew him over the side. He fell 80ft and lived!!!
DSC_4094.jpg

DSC_4095.jpg

Getting into the snow and fall colors.
DSC_4097.jpg

DSC_4098.jpg

Took the same shot yesterday from the same spot. The trees were bent over double from all the snow in them. I'm really shocked more didn't break from the weight.
DSC_4099.jpg

More fall colors.
DSC_4102.jpg

DSC_4104.jpg

I'll post the rest after dinner.

you sir are a lucky man, i want snow right now and i also want big mountains to snowboard on

very beautiful pix

Looking off the top toward Antelope Island and Farmington.
fixedone.jpg

Looking up at the radar towers.
DSC_4109.jpg

Climbing the last stretch of the road toward the tower. This was a spooky drive. It's 4000 feet straight down.
DSC_4112.jpg

At the top. As high as you can go on that paticular road. just over 10,000 feet.
DSC_4117.jpg

Looking West over Kaysville and Layton.
DSC_4118.jpg

Looking East toward Morgan.
DSC_4114.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of shots at the top.
DSC_4113.jpg

DSC_4121.jpg

Heading back down. It was more spooky than heading up!
DSC_4124.jpg

Found this. Thought it looked kind of neat!
DSC_4122.jpg

Where it was.
DSC_4123.jpg

Deep drifts
DSC_4128.jpg

DSC_4129.jpg

looks like fun. wish my p.o.s worked. Your getting really good with the photography! keep thee pics coming!

Last edited:
man! Those are some awesome pictures, I wish I had stuff like that within 20 minutes of my house.

Nice shots Ryan. My wife and I ALMOST made this same drive on Saturday but it never looked like the sun would peek through the rain enough to make it worthwhile for pictures. She has a brand new Canon Rebel T1i that she got for her birthday and is loving it.

Cool! That is the one that shoots HD video too right?

Yussir, it is. It's a great little camera. I did a TON of reading up online before finally deciding on that one for her birthday last month. I don't think she's used the video a whole lot yet and I haven't really played with it much, can't get it out of her hands. Oh, and she said to tell you those are some great pics, but they'd be even better if that funny yellow Jeep wasn't in the middle of all of them. :D

Great shots, Ryan.....kind of wishing I'd stayed North instead of spending last weekend in sunny, warm St George.....kind of.

Beautiful pics dude. If anyone was hiring a diesel tech i'd be up there in a heart beat.

Back