• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On board air help

XJ=Fun

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a Sanden SD709 Compressor, and was wondering if anyone had the parts list used to convert it to OBA, i have a 98 jeep cherokee and assume that i need brackets, lines, etc. also i was wondering where people mounted their air tanks, or if an air tank was needed?

Cant really say exactly every fitting you will need. I have a horn blasters kit on my jeep that I used one of the ports on the 2gal tank for tire air. There was someone selling small small air tanks on here i thought.

I like the idea of a tank so your compressor is not on all the time. You would need an air pressure switch if you get a tank, misc fittings, hose, etc.

Thnx any info helps, im kind of lost with everything so far. I have read most of the other threatds on this subject, but need more info. Like

1.I want to keep a/c
2.I want to be able to run air tools for small bursts
3.where do i get the brackets to bolt it up
4. where and how big of tank should i get
5.any other info that may help

I still have ac.

I dont know how well you will be able to run the air tools, most of the stuff you would need take lots of airflow.

I just bolted my compressor and tank to a piece of mdf board, and will eventually bolt that to the floor in the back.

I have just a small 2 gal tank, wish i would have gone bigger. But then you have to think about it taking up more room and if you need it. If you want to run the air tools you will need a bigger tank and a higher psi compressor.

The best I've seen yet was someone who put their spare on a swingaway bumper on the back, then used one of those 2.5 gallon pancake tanks right where the spare used to go.

I'm probably going about the same route, except I got a fairly large cylindrical tank so my mounting won't be quite as neat. We'll see.

Did some figuring today and found if i use my bumpers and sliders as air tanks I will get 7 gal of air space. That is just a little better than my current 2 lol

I just checked and its not even a sanden, its a freakin York!!!LoL ive got a lot mre researching to do so i will keep at it, please continue posting!

Did some figuring today and found if i use my bumpers and sliders as air tanks I will get 7 gal of air space. That is just a little better than my current 2 lol
That's actually a hell of an idea. I'm about to have a bumper made for me. I'm going to run that idea by the manufacturer.

hmmmmm....... :cheers:

That's actually a hell of an idea. I'm about to have a bumper made for me. I'm going to run that idea by the manufacturer.

hmmmmm....... :cheers:

Just have them weld on a couple of 1/4" npt bungs and you're set. Be much easier for them to do, Ill have to take all my stuff off and put it back on AGAIN to get things right.

Back