• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good deal on Water Cans

Hey Rich... Take another look at that link, specifically the picture. And compare to the pics i posted!

Wondering if Scepter changed their mold to include the "Property of" stamp.

I can't make it out on my tiny laptop. whats it say?

In the pic on QM's site there is a "property of US government" stamping on the can.

My Sceptor does not have this (LCI does). Either Sceptor changed their mold to include it, or they are selling LCI cans as Sceptors and marking the price up 100% and adding shipping.

I vote for #2 ;)

Good deal, were set on water containers. :laugh2:

I didnt like the idea of butchering a can and having issues with that setup, till i remembered i have a spare cap. :idea::idea:

But at $100 for a faucet... tough to swallow.

I have an extra cap as well.

I'm looking for a cheaper alternatives.

I was thinking of using OBA to pressurize the can...

Sitting in the "library" i was thumbing through one of Dads RV catalogs.

www.bigdiscountrv.com I couldnt find it on the site but they have several of those hand pump faucets as in the thread you mention. Ranged from 32-45 dollars.

10-0240 810 chrome hand pump 40
10-0250 12-007* Hand Pump 34
10-0254 RV296 pump chrome 43
10-0257 Valterra pump 34

I'll bet the price goes up on these once they realize their competition is not shipping to US vendors. Get your order in...

Did you put any money on this?

I've just recently starting poking around in the Adventure Forum and just came across this thread. I looked them up and sure enough, they're $24.99 now....

So, did they hold up to an entire summer of use/abuse? Are they worth $24.99?

No, it was a given tho..

I still wouldnt hesiate at the price, it's still the same as the Scepters went for back in the day.

No issues with mine at all, since their Mil-Spec i dount i will.

You're supposed to plan for a gallon a day of drinking water, plus water for dishes and what not in the backcountry where there's no running water. Perhaps two are in my future.

Yes, the rule is one gallon of water per person per day. That will pretty much guarantee you'll have way too much water. :D

I recently scored four rubber water bladders that work pretty well. The price is damn good and they are very well constructed.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/swiss20lrollupwatercarrierparts-waterbag.aspx

Those are kinda neat with the ropes...you could hang from a tree or something...The only thing is that it would need to be stored on top of everything so it didn't pop. Any problems with leakage>?

Nope. Had one full for about a year just to test it and not a drop leaked.

The rubber is quite thick so I wouldn't be too concerned about casual popping (this is military surplus), the only thing I would do is keep it covered to keep the sun off of it. These are a lot more sturdy than a sun shower which they cosmetically resemble.

The pepboys near my house sells 5 gallon water cans for $9.99 they also sell gas cans for $18 same look.

I dont have a better photo of it but it looks the same size as the ones in this thread.

3975434914_507481f5e7.jpg

Scepter makes a few different models of cannister. The water containers that started this thread are a very close copy of the Scepter Military grade, or MWC water can.

Same deal on the fuel cans, MFC being the Military designation vs the cheaper civilian styled cans.

I have one of those lt blue cans, didnt seem bad for the $11 purchase price.

One of the differences in water cans made by the various manufacturers is the material used in itself. The better ones being food grade (forget the term) that dont transmit taste/smell to the water.

Back