• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trasharoo

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
Something like this has been on my wish-list to fab up for some time, now i dont need to bother..

Y'all remember Dave (SOCALXJ), he's gotten bit hard by the Overlanding bug and has released this product. Fits up to a 35" tire, with a strap extension planed for those running larger rubber.

Very cool product filling a void for a product of this type.

http://www.trasharoo.com/iWeb/TRASHAROO/Welcome.html

John, you realize that you are drooling over a $50 trash bag, right?

Excessive time spent reading ExPo will stimulate desires for expensive "expedition gear" such as the Trasharoo when I am pretty sure that you can figure out something out on your own, for a lot less money.

Look at the waste transport solution strapped to the back of my Jeep, several of them come free with a $50 grocery purchase:
orig.jpg

Discover minimalistic camping. A big part of that is planning so you minimize the amount of trash you generate and have to carry on your journey. Also discover that ExPo is the enemy of minimalistic travel.

I would normally keep my thoughts to myself but just two weeks ago you said...
I'm saving my penny's but it's tough lately.
I just get bummed hearing about people who say they can't afford to go the places they wish to, yet are always buying expensive jeep parts or camping gear.

Please don't take this the wrong way. Let me know if you decide to come out to kick my butt. I'll give you a list of really cool places to see along the way. :)

:laugh3: See ya next fall Alex.

Once i go back to work full time i promise to cut my Expo time, your right... it's evil.

I dunno Alex. I've tried all different kinds of methods of hauling trash and none of them work that great. Also, hauling trash for four people and a dog is usually a little more than one of those little sacks can handle.

I agree Ex-Po can cause a person to either wish he was a Billionare or just laugh but some things are worth spending a little money on.

That being said I had to laugh at the "best camping chair" thread over there. Someone posted up a pic of a chair I thought was really cool until I saw the $600 dollar price tag. :D

I know what to get Alex for his Birthday! :wave1:

I must agree, I understand most of you have issues with packing out trash. And this compared to a lot of other options is not a bad deal. But its all on what you take and how you pack it. I used to buy food and bring the boxes along, but there is usually a bag inside the box as well.... Amazing how much trash and packing space that frees up.

I fell into the ExPo hole a month or so, I got out :)badpc:). But must say I do not regret it at all. Especially after spending 7 days last week in Utah instead :sunshine:

Back