• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

connector near vacuum can, fog light connector

urbexx

NAXJA Forum User
'91 XJ, putting in my rock lights today. Would like to use the factory fog light switch for the lights, but can't find the connectors at the bumper. My XJ is a low optioned model, and didn't come with the fog lights factory. I added the switch in the panel, and the indicator light does illuminate when the switch is on. I also have a fuse for the aux lamps in the underhood fuse box from the factory.

The only unused connector I'm seeing around the front bumper/grille area is a single wire female quick disconnect dropping out under the passenger side headlight area, right by the vacuum canister (WTF is that thing for?). Where would the aux lamp connections be in the main harness?

not sure.. hook a dvm (digital volt meter) up to it and turn on the switch. If it is for the fog light set up you will show to have voltage on the meter....

The single wire is for an overhead console outside air temp sensor. Your aux lighting may have to be tapped by using the main headlight harness plug under the airbox. I did not mean for you to use the power from the headlights. Your power will be there. You just don't have the alternate headlight harness from the factory that had the two pigtails for aux lighting.

'91 XJ, putting in my rock lights today. Would like to use the factory fog light switch for the lights, but can't find the connectors at the bumper. My XJ is a low optioned model, and didn't come with the fog lights factory. I added the switch in the panel, and the indicator light does illuminate when the switch is on. I also have a fuse for the aux lamps in the underhood fuse box from the factory.

The only unused connector I'm seeing around the front bumper/grille area is a single wire female quick disconnect dropping out under the passenger side headlight area, right by the vacuum canister (WTF is that thing for?). Where would the aux lamp connections be in the main harness?

I'd guess a Horn.. you should have two.. one on each side, if you don't have one where the wire is.. it's a horn wire..

my best guess..

Not to sure about the 91 but on earlier models the socket for the fog relay was on the left side where the left headlight harness goes through. I'd give you a more exact location, but at the factory they stuffed it in any number of locations in that area.
In the earlier models the harness was there just not used, I even had one with the relay installed, but not used.
They may have changed it in 91, but heck it's worth a look see.

Back