• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Automatic door lock actuators

Ed Wulfe+

NAXJA Forum User
After 11 years I need to replace the keyless entry door lock openers. My local dealer wants $155 each. Ouch!! Does anyone know of a cheaper source for these.
Thanks,
Ed Wulfe
NAXJA Member #67

If your not wanting em new, try ebay. Ive seen em go every now and then.

Do you mean the fobs? If so there is a company on the net that sells the older ones. Check the old OEM forum archives.

If you mean the solenoid motors inside the doors I ordered mine from pepboys for about $50 each. They (at least on my 89) are the same part used in chevys from the 80s. Turned out the prob was not my actuators but a voltage drop to them. Before replacing them make sure they are getting enough voltage. They need at least 9 volts to work. They are all on the same circuit so the ones at rear doors and hatch tend to get the least voltage. Greg

I believe I have read on here that JC Whitney may have some that work . . .

These aren't original but I've heard they work great.Door Locks
Might also want to check on JU.. There's a guy that had a writeup on a re-wire that increased the voltage.

Keith

Also, sometimes the lock mechanism itself is at fault. Take your door latches out, soak them in B-12 Chemtool, then lube the hell out of them...(with a non "sticky" lube)

I believe that the solenoid motors are at fault. Does anyone have a part # for these at Pep Boys or J.C. Whitney. Also, I will check the voltage and will clean and lube the old ones first. Thanks to all.
Ed Wulfe
NAXJA #67

Back