• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going Insane

RªMB°

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a new radiator into my XJ last week and that died less than 12hours later when the fan clutch decided it wanted a bite. That was $250 gone.

Replaced the radiator again Saturday and today the fan clutch took another bite out of it. Another $250 gone.

Replaced the motor mount that was broken, but I guess it wasnt enough.

I also now have a blown head gasket or cracked block that I didnt have Saturday after I replaced the radiator. So new gasket and seal around $35 I guess or if block is cracked a rebuilt motor cost $1000. Need 2 tires also another $120 gone.

If another thing goes wrong Im going to build a pipe bomb and show it whos boss :explosion

Check your transmission mount

Get some thick chain, a long bolt with a nut, and a huge washer. Then, chain the motor down and start tightening the bolt until that motor never moves again. I did that to my V8 Fury and never had another prob. :)

Back