NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old March 5th, 2018, 13:31
NAXJA Member

PRP seats

Never thought about it that way.. Lol you have a point. Only one way to find out lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old March 9th, 2018, 23:06
PSR Fire Marshall

Re: PRP seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
That is nice that they will let you run them and then send them back.

Get us some install pics, and I would also appreciate the difference in clearance between your head and the roof. How much do you gain/lose compared to the stock seats?
Come out to PSR in March / April and you can see for yourself!

David Bricker / SYR
Gomer - '95 XJ, 2 dr. 4.6L Russ Pottenger Stroker; Novak TJ AX-15; Black Box 2.72:1 + 241OR 4:1; RockJock 60 Front, hydro assist, Hi-steer; D60 trussed and shaved rear; 4.56 ARB Front and Rear; Black Magic discs, Bilstein 7100s front and rear; 35s; PRP seats; Warn PowerPlant winch, hybrid cage. Annd, the Faux Dorkle is gone.
National Treasurer 2013-2019
Not a member? Become one today, and help support YOUR club.
Old March 12th, 2018, 11:17
NAXJA Member

Got around to installing them. Had to make new brackets. Super happy with them. Not as plush as the factory seats but way better support. They are very comfortable, warm in the cold weather, about the same size (rear passengers wont be smashed) and the factory seat belt seems to work well. They are about 1" shorter which is nice. So far they are a bit difficult to get in and out of, I am 165lbs at 5' 11". I am sure I will get used to it. The upper part is wider so not much room between the seats. Build quality is extremely nice compared to the price (I think they could charge more).

When you want to be someone you drive a lifted JK, when you already know who you are you drive an old XJ.
Old March 12th, 2018, 13:17
Mostly Harmless

When you say they are about 1" shorter do you mean 1" more space between your own noggin and the roof or that the back measures 1" less in height?

IOW, is it your own rear end that sits lower, or the headrest that sits lower?
Old March 12th, 2018, 13:29
NAXJA Member

PRP seats

I also got around to installing mine. IMO they sat an inch higher than stock seats. And using PRP brackets on stock mounts, the seats sat leaned back too far for me. So i chopped the front of the brackets and lowered them about an inch and a half. They are much more comfortable than stock. But are a pain in the ass to get in and out of. I figured thats just because I'm not a little guy.. 6'0" 280lbs

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old March 12th, 2018, 13:29
NAXJA Member

Quote:
When you say they are about 1" shorter do you mean 1" more space between your own noggin and the roof or that the back measures 1" less in height?

IOW, is it your own rear end that sits lower, or the headrest that sits lower?
The seat height is about the same (headrest height vs stock headrest height). The whole seat is 1" lower. I built the brackets that way on purpose though as I wanted to be a bit lower, that's the one thing I hate about the XJ, the seating geometry is was to high. So yes, I gained 1" additional space between my head and the roof.

When you want to be someone you drive a lifted JK, when you already know who you are you drive an old XJ.
Old March 12th, 2018, 20:50
Mostly Harmless

Thank you.

That suggests I can pull this off one way or another. If not with PRP's brackets then with brackets of my own fabrication.
Old March 12th, 2018, 21:30
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Thank you.

That suggests I can pull this off one way or another. If not with PRP's brackets then with brackets of my own fabrication.
The brackets were super easy to make. Use my pick as a guide. They were 1/8" by 1" angle iron.