• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 xj Small issues.

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
4.0liter renix automatic/242

FIRST, i broke my speedo cable when i switched over to the normal red/white Cluster. my speedo dont work now (obviously)

so i grabbed another speedo cable from an 89, witch is the same one all of my friends xj's have..

MY speedo cable is all one piece! from the cluster threw the firewall! what the hell!

any insight?

----------------------------------------------
second...

my heater Fan sucked, so i traded it out with one from a parts rig, its the exact same issue, hardly blows, fan speed really dont matter, it just a light "Breeze" of warm air. from all the vents. i would hardly call it a breeze!

does it sound 100% fan related? I dont have a problem spending the cash on a brand new one, but if its something else why?

:repair:

I don't know about the speedo cable, but my 88 used to blow like that, and I also replaced the blower motor which did not help. I later tested the voltage at the fan and it was about 9 volts. I added a relay to the high speed to get me through the summer with adequate A\C and now it blows as strong as my 90. I don't know where the weak link is yet, but I'll trace it down when I get Really bored.

Back