NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old August 7th, 2019, 22:48
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Shopping for new radio...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number21 View Post
For the longest time I've been wanting to build my own. Get a cheap piece of black textured plastic to block the hole, then mount a small amplifier behind it and a bluetooth receiver, maybe an aux input too. Then, you've got a bunch of extra space you can mount switches or gauges or something.

What are these "CDs" you speak of?

FYI, I've tried a couple of those cheap bluetooth audio receivers off eBay, and they were horrible. Really poor audio, and a horrible buzzing for the battery powered one if you left it on the charger.
Old August 8th, 2019, 01:13
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Shopping for new radio...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawsoncl View Post
FYI, I've tried a couple of those cheap bluetooth audio receivers off eBay, and they were horrible. Really poor audio, and a horrible buzzing for the battery powered one if you left it on the charger.
I've used several in other places too...only problem I've ever had is the range of the signal. Like everything from china, who knows until you get it...

I'm sure you can find a name brand for around $20 these days.