• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Azusa august 24th

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Andy and I were talking, seems Azusa trip is due. We could do the bbq and all just like old times. Who is in?

tcm glx said:
Andy and I were talking, seems Azusa trip is due. We could do the bbq and all just like old times. Who is in?
im in if there is some decent room to play in... i'll go get a heads up on the azusa forum and post up, a little recon mission :D

tcm glx said:

I cant make it, I have a Summer BBQ at a friends that weekend. You know, pool, liquer in the front room and poker in the back room. Shuffleboard and just plain ole good times.

Leep

GrimmJeeper said:
im in if there is some decent room to play in... i'll go get a heads up on the azusa forum and post up, a little recon mission :D

You still have the BBQ from the cleg run? If tim can make it to azusa I will go get some propane to cook the 40lbs of carne that tony is going to buy.

Leep said:
You still have the BBQ from the cleg run? If tim can make it to azusa I will go get some propane to cook the 40lbs of carne that tony is going to buy.
yes i do still have it, half way through the cleg run it popped open and shot burnt up carne crumbs from the last time were at azusa all over the inside of the back of the jeep. thank god the carpet is gone now lol.

well from reading the acora board it looks like they were limiting it to 75 rigs this weekend, and someone posted up that they were #69 at 8:30. others are saying they locked the gates just before 9am. there isnt much room to play in, but there are tons of pics over on thier forums, im not going to repost em all here.

DSC00641.jpg

a view from where the barrier is, it is all still water from this point off into the canyon.
Azusa7-26-08034.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

i dunno. i hope ALOT more water comes out of the canyon over the next month. we'll see. for now i'll say im in, but we better get there reeeeeal early.

TheWarWagon said:
If I can catch a ride with someone, I'll chip in for gas AND pay their gate fee. :wave1:
you always have a seat in my rig, B. you're even on the way lol.

GrimmJeeper said:
you always have a seat in my rig, B. you're even on the way lol.

Sweet. That might be a dangerous mix you and me in a car together. Cause you know I'll be the guy going "Pin it you puss-y". :shocked:

I was there yesterday. Well.. not down in the canyon but above (on the way to the range) and there does not seem to be much real estate available to folks to play in.

In!

Wrongbeach_XJ said:
been waiting for this, i should be in as long as i can find a front driveshaft by then.
dude im hitting the pick a part this weekend ill keep an eye out!

Wrongbeach_XJ said:
been waiting for this, i should be in as long as i can find a front driveshaft by then.

You call your grandpa yet? I bet he pulled it in some old person attempt at fuel savings or tire wear or some other crazy thing bugging him that day. :dunno:

Back