• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best afermarket brake master cylinder

lordoeuf

NAXJA Forum User
What brand of aftermarket brake master cylinder do you guys like to run for longevity? About 3 years ago I put in a master cylinder from some brand called A1 Cardone Select. I am seeing some crystallised build-up around the master cylinder to brake booster and what looks like crystallised brake fluid flowing down the booster unit and out into the wheel well. 3 years and 8,000 miles isn't long enough for me.

Unfortunately, A1 Cardone was all that Lordco (similar to Pep Boys) had to offer at the time. I was going to instead order online from Rock Auto, but wasn't sure about the brands. ACDelco perhaps? Unfortunately, the auto parts stores where I live generally stock the cheap junk.

lol. I've given up on autopart warranties where I live. There isn't enough competition. Mailing it back to online outfits is too costly and too much risk for it being denied.

We have a **** Autoparts in town (I purposely redacted the name of the autoparts store, its a small town and news travels). They don't seem to carry the full range of parts as south of the border. Anyway, I had some calipers for the rear of my Jeep which has the Teraflex disc brake conv. kit (same as the Ford Explorer). The calipers apparently had a lifetime warranty when I bought them. Guy said bring 'em back if they fail. When I tried to warranty them after about 9 years of use the sales guy said it was normal wear and tear. I had about 18,000 miles on the calipers. I had to buy new calipers, also with a "lifetime warranty", whatever that means.

Thus I was wondering which brands for brake master cylinders you've all used and how long they have lasted. Perhaps a brand will stand out as the preferred one.

Back