• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ front coils on an XJ

lift springs

What I have heard of is buying RE 3"lift coils for a ZJ and ending up with around 4.5" on an XJ may be where you got the 3" from that goes along with the previous reply as well.

Re: lift springs

gettinbetterXJ said:
What I have heard of is buying RE 3"lift coils for a ZJ and ending up with around 4.5" on an XJ may be where you got the 3" from that goes along with the previous reply as well.

Just as I have RE 4.5" ZJ coils on my XJ...plus a 2" spacer. I'm sitting at just over 7" up front. Less when my bumper is done in a couple of weeks. ;)

the amount of lift issue aside.....

I think a good aspect about the zj coils is spring rate.

most off the shelf lift kits are terribly balanced. More often than not, the front is too flexy and/or the rear is too stiff.

zj coils could be just the thing to balance a heavy front (winch/bumper) or to balance a stiff rear.

YMMV

Beezil said:
the amount of lift issue aside.....

I think a good aspect about the zj coils is spring rate.

most off the shelf lift kits are terribly balanced. More often than not, the front is too flexy and/or the rear is too stiff.

zj coils could be just the thing to balance a heavy front (winch/bumper) or to balance a stiff rear.

YMMV

Ya know, I never thought of that aspect Beez. I had some different coils (unknown make, 3") on the front before...and the RE ZJ coils seem about perfect up there.

Back