• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

passenger window a bear to roll up

paroxysym

NAXJA Forum User
how do you remedy this problem? the rest of my windows roll up perfectly fine? do i need to grease something or replace something? i searched and couldnt find anyting.

If you can get the door panel off, and run the window up and down a few times its pretty easy to see what you need to grease up. I suggest a light grease. Lubrication goes a long way inside those windows. Its hard to believe how a little lube changes the speed and ease of operation of the windows.

Open the door panel and look inside as you operate the window.

Sometimes the rubber channel in the metal glass guide that the glass travels up and down in can come loose and get a kink in it. Pull it out slightly and re-install it flat and smooth in the metal glass guide.

Had the same type of problem with my 88 XJ. Found that part of the window riser mechanism pass thru a tube like affair. I sprayed a grease like lubricant into the tube while running the window up and down.

The window now goes up and down like new.

You have to take the door panel of as well as the plastic covering the mechanism.

Back