• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ lives again!(now with hesco motor)

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
About 8 months ago my engine imploded while driving, sudden knocking, worse knocking then silence, no smoke that I ever saw. Got it home drained the oil and found all the coolant and oil came out together. Pulled the plugs all were good except #6 which was destroyed. Pulled the head and 1/4 of #6 piston was broken off, #6 valves were intact but blackened while the other valves were pristine. Headgasket looked ok but I couldn’t say 100%, it came off in 2 pieces but maybe because the head slid while trying to heft it off the engine but I didn’t see any obvious gasket failure spot.
Haven’t pulled the oil pan yet to see whats in there. It makes me sad the engine imploded at 214k miles, I was always so on top of PMI and didn’t skimp.

Flash forward and now a brand new Hesco motor is in and feels amazing. Firing up a brand new 0 miles engine felt pretty nice. Just a stock build nothing fancy but it feels as it should, like a brand new cherokee. Anyone looking for a motor I couldn’t be happier with hesco.

Back