• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrapping Up my Lift Kit Plans

alexgalexg

NAXJA Forum User
1998 Jeeo Xj 4.0

So now that my Jeep seems to be reliable I am at the finishing stages of lift kit choices.

This is the lift kit I was looking at but I have a few questions...

Does this lift kit include everything needed for the vehicle to function properly?

Does it seriously include add a leafs instead of a nice thick leaf set for a soft ride?

Can I somehow get a SYE instead of a t case drop? Seems a bit lazy to do the drop.

Anyone else running this kit and know if its a soft, pot hole absorbing ride?

How do I know what kind of rear axle I have?

Ugh, I hate that kit with it's castor adjustment "what-cha-ma-callit".

I know your word is gold. So what do you suggest. Im looking for an all inclusive kit (shocks can be an exception) that rides nice and soft to soak up all those bumps between 3.5 and 4 inches. We chatted a bit in my zone 3 inch thread but now I know a little more about what I want and what all goes into a lift kit. Like using a sye instead of a t case drop!

If you into the iro candy I just installed their "rock link" 3 link system. It is far better than what you pictured in my humble opinion. With that being said I'm not fully satisfied... I pieced my lift together, but my single favorite part is the metalcloak coils.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ok so I've been doing a little more homework and walking to some more local jeepers.
I've been looking at kits that claim to have a nice ride ect and are quality.
I came up with this kit
https://www.4wd.com/p/rubicon-expre...-and-monotube-shocks-re6030m/_/R-BKTG-RE6030M

I was also going to get a sye but was advised that I should just install this and see how it rides and go from there.

Do you think that's worth doing at 3.5? I do a ton of highway.

But aside from the sye this was all I was planning to complete my lift kit. Well maybe some brake lines later on but that's about it

That's great kit and I don't think you could go wrong. What about the trackbar?

Anyone know of a complete sye kit to go with that 3.5 inch Rubicon express lift? I'm having trouble understanding what to buy

Thanks all for the help. Heres my next situation. So I've changed my lift choice to a 3.5-4 inch Rubicon express just like the one before but long arm so it rides better. Heres my one thing
A local keeper told me not to buy a slip yoke with a custom shaft. But instead to get a front drive shaft from an xj in a junk yard and use that instead. Any comments on this idea? Does it work? Can it be any year jeep or has to be my year jeep if it's a good idea

It could be a driveshaft from anything as long as it has 1310 joints. The only unknown issue would the wear on a used shaft!

But that doesn't account for the slip-yoke and the CV assembly.

But that doesn't account for the slip-yoke and the CV assembly.
I was looking at that site you linked in a previous comment. There are different sye at different prices and not much info about them. Honestly at this point I'll pay for convenience if it means an all inclusive plug n play kit with drive shaft, sye and u joints

With JB you want the std duty kit with 1310 joint yoke, I it's the 16-1200 kit.

Back