• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Correct yoke for front diff

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hi. On my 1990 Cherokee I am rebuilding the front Dana 30 diff. My yoke was rusted bad at the oil seal, so I got a new yoke simular to the one linked below...

https://www.quadratec.com/p/omix-ad...campaign=retargeting&utm_content=lower-funnel

My old yoke did not have the sheet metal slinger attached as shown in link. I assume this slinger needs to mate with the oil seal that is pressed into the differential. But my oil seal does not seem to accommodate the yoke slinger.
My question is, is this slinger on the yoke supposed to be there for my 1990 Cherokee, and if so, which oil seal is to be used to work with it? The seal I got came with my differential install kit, maybe there are other style seals that work with this yoke slinger?

In order to use this yoke with my diff and oil seal, the slinger needs to be removed.

Thanks!

The slinger is just physical protect for the seal, it shouln't touch anything!

Yikes! Thanks for the photograph. Theey sent me the wrong part, the slinger on my yoke is smaller diameter, smaller than the diameter of the diff. housing. The photograph shows a much larger diameter flange.

I need to source the correct part. Where did you get yours? Part Number?

Thanks again!

Back