• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radio

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a new radio. the kids want bluetooth for ipod use. I hate the new stuff radios, as they are very hard to tune, no individual bass and treble controls, nor graphic equalizer. instead it has menus, and tiny buttons once you select the menu to adjust bass and treble tones, nearly crash trying to adjust it. The unit in the jeep now is a new sony, it has bright blue lights all over, which ruins night vision, and they can NOT be dimmed with the dash lights, instead you need to go into menus to dim the lights, I hate that too. you need to go into a menu to brighten it up to see for tuning, then the menu again for dimming. I tried blacking the face plate out with black tape to kill the lights around the perimeter, but that is not totally effective, and looks like heck.

Who makes a radio with blue tooth that does not have menus for tone adjustment, that is not a laser light show on the faceplate, and is dimmable via the dash light dimmer, ie.. the headlight knob?

I want simple, with bluetooth. No light show on the face plate, and dimmable without going thru layers of menus. The old cassette radio was much nicer, but lacked blue tooth.

Thanks!

I was trying to post and image here last night but I didn't have my desktop......mobile devises suck for forums.

The Fusion marine radio is a good choice.

Fusion is good. Cool remote app for phone as well

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I installed this JVC KD-R840BT in my 90' RENIX a few years ago. Inexpensive and great features at the time (still). Sure it has a light show when reset but it is easily configurable to your liking in a few minutes without a manual (setting the time as well). I recommend it. I made a YouTube video of it before I installed. See link below;

https://youtu.be/EttuB4n7tmc

kdr840bt.jpg

Back