• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Train Wreck thread

RmE1gnFh.jpg

So I'm changing the rear brake shoes. Not because they are worn out but because one of them de-laminated and was rattling around in there. Of course one of the springs shot off through a wormhole never to be seen again. Does anyone know where the lost bolt and spring wormhole terminates? I'd like to get my spring back.

Look in the clothes dryer.

So I'm changing the rear brake shoes. Not because they are worn out but because one of them de-laminated and was rattling around in there. Of course one of the springs shot off through a wormhole never to be seen again. Does anyone know where the lost bolt and spring wormhole terminates? I'd like to get my spring back.

Dog probably ate it.

I thought I might be able to help. When I did the 8.25 rebuild I replaced all the springs, but I kept the old ones. However, I got tired of tripping over those parts and they are now out at my folks' place in east county.

Sounds like it is time to just replace both axles.

Dog probably ate it.

I thought I might be able to help. When I did the 8.25 rebuild I replaced all the springs, but I kept the old ones. However, I got tired of tripping over those parts and they are now out at my folks' place in east county.

Or at least upgrade to rear calipers.

Dog probably ate it.

I keep thinking of swapping the axles out for Jerry's. But it's so much work!

You could start by planning to plate the front end.

Then you will find that you might as well remove the front axle to do that job.

And if you are removing the front axle, well, that would be the time to replace it.

But of course it will be geared differently from the rear, so then you do that one too.

DAMHIKT.

:rolleyes:

You could start by planning to plate the front end.

Then you will find that you might as well remove the front axle to do that job.

And if you are removing the front axle,
:nono:
NOPE. Don't need to.

:D

I didn't say it was a "need".

It just provides better clearance for the grinder. Keeps the cord from getting hung up. And one less thing to bonk my head on while not able to see much from inside a welding helmet.

It is so much more convenient. As long as you don't consider the subsequent steps.

The Bride has determined that my superpower is scope creep.

I would think first thing to do is a gear swap. You want that low end grunt if you're going to the wormhole. I would do something like 6.78 or better, myself. As far as rubber, 40s are minimum, and Michelin 52s are the going fad for wormhole travel.

The plug at the firewall on the coil pack/rail.

Trying to install a rad today. How the hell do I put water in it? Who thought that putting the rad cap on the bottom was a good thing? I am going to have the trans lines built so they hook back on. Sucks, can't finish it till the winds die

I tried explaining to the cat that his nose is sore because he's a walking 10,000 volt battery.

Yeah, like that.

Back