• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap Mean-Green Alternator in Knoxville, TN

KinesthesiaDrums

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys,
so yea...im in Knoxville, and i'd really not mess around with shipping...
i'll be in Pensacola, FL for thanksgiving weekend (thrusday-sunday) so if you're interested, i can take it with me.

BUT....i'm about to sell my 1990 2wd lifted XJ cause i just bought a 1999 Limited...

the alternators are completely different, so i won't be able to swap over my Mean-Green. I was going to just leave it in when i sell the '90...
but i figured i'd try and get some money back for it, and offer a good deal to my NAXJA peoples!

i put this thing on about 3 months ago. since then it's been driven in the rain...maybe...2 or 3 times. 1 road trip to Savannah, GA and back.
basically...it's still brand new...still looks like it did when i took it out of the box.
it's the model MG7902 and fits I-6 242 motors in 1987-1990 XJs.
only catch is....i need a stock alternator to put back on my Jeep, i bought the MG when my stock one went bad and fried my Yellow-Top.
so i can only do trades + cash.
you can't find this thing for sale (new) for lower than $350...

i'm asking $250 plus your old, used WORKING alternator....

shoot me a PM if you're interested or have questions, etc...

Thanks Guys!

i haven't really decided a price for it yet cause i still gotta fix a few more things on it....
but...
Red 1990 Laredo 2wd 4 door automatic

Grey interior with power everything.

4.5" Rough Country lift on 31" BFG ATs

Ford 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears.

New motor and tranny with about 8,000 miles on both.
All motor sensors are new as well.

Odo reads 190xxx miles

Brown Dog motor mounts

Ford Racing 19# injectors.

4" K&N Cone Filter intake.

new radiator with maybe 1000 miles. it's an open system radiator, so it has the cap. i haven't done a "full" open conversion, so the "pressure" bottle is still in.

Roof console with Compass and Outside Temp, etc.

tinted all around, 3 cargo area windows have double layered 20% mirror 5% limo. doors are 20% rear 30% front.

paint on the hood and roof are faded pretty bad and clearcoat pretty much shot....as typical with most vehicles around that time era *rolls eyes*

windshield is craked pretty bad due to defrost in cold weather making tiny rock chips "spider"..... at the time that happened i didn't have full coverage so insurace won't pay to get it fixed... =(

everything else is pretty much normal/stock

as of right now theres no radio at all, i have 2 stock tape decks, but i was planning on putting at least a cd player of some sort back in....and i saved the aftermarket harness when i took the old stereo out.

runs strong, everything works, etc.....used to be my DD and i did a LOT of traveling in it, never had any problems on long trips except road and wind noise =P

like i said, i haven't really thought of a price yet, but i don't expect to get any more than $3000 for it.
hell, i don't even know what it's worth, haha.

i have pictures, or if you're close enough to knoxville you can come look at it *shrugs*

oh yea...and a Viper 790vx alarm with remote start

no one interested in the alternator?

any offers even for a different price?

Back