• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get spring hanger bolts and axle/leaf spring shims

StockJeep

NAXJA Forum User
Two questions:

First, are axle/leaf spring shims something I should count on getting at a normal parts store or do I need to go somewhere else. If some place else, what kind of store? The kid at Kragen on Sunday afternoon gave me a look that said he'd never heard shimming an axle.

Second, since they looked pretty corroded and I couldn't get them out w/o removing my rock sliders, I cut the bushing bolts out of the frame end leaf hanger. What options do I have for replacing them other than OEM. To get between the hanger and the slider, it looks like I need a bolt that's about 3/4" shorter than stock. The bolt I cut out looks pretty odd from a "show up at the hardware store and walk out with what I need" viewpoint.

Thanks,
-glenn

Rocky Road 4x4, Rusty's and Jeepinoutfitters all sell degree shims....definitely get steel over aluminum!

as for the bolts....ummm...good luck, but you might want to try www.jeep4x4center.com or maybe even quadratec.

Find a local spring shop, should have everything you're talking about. We have one here that even makes u-bolts in whatever size/length you need...

Back