• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 2.5 power steering pump

MjTjNJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, looking for a factory (used is fine) PS pump for the 2.5. This is the style with the remote reservoir. Only need the pump, tired of dealing with remans. Don't care if it has 200K miles on it.

Thanks!

It might help if you included the year. They had 2.5L's all the way back to 84.

I'm going to be blunt, Tom: why did you reply in the first place? You don't have a PS pump for sale, you just posted to slap my wrist for not including the year (you could have inferred it wasn't 84-85 because I mentioned it had a remote reservoir -- thus TBI/serp belt).

THEN, you suggest I buy a reman from Rockauto, when the original post says I don't want to deal with remans, I want an OEM. To top it all off, you're on the North Atlantic board, when, ostensibly, you live in Colorado!

I'm sure I'll look like the dick in coming back at you this way, but why not think twice before posting?

Not trying to be a dick, but many people won't take the time to ask what the year is. I was just hoping to help you get to your target audience easier.

I just mentioned RockAuto since that is where I bought mine a few years back and it worked well. I actually got one for a different type Jeep. I didn't realize that the year and engine you mentioned had the remote reservoir. I had such bad luck with reservoirs that I abandoned it. Do you have any pix of the factory reservoir?

Back