• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upper control arm bushings axel side

green95xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have just installed a re 4.5" superflex kit with upper and lower adjustable arms. I need to replace my upper control arm bushings on my axel and was wondering if there is any better alternative than stock. I know currie makes bushings like the superflex ones for the axel but i would rather stay rubber or poly to make the ride atleast tolerable its a dd. Thanks

I have just installed a re 4.5" superflex kit with upper and lower adjustable arms. I need to replace my upper control arm bushings on my axel and was wondering if there is any better alternative than stock. I know currie makes bushings like the superflex ones for the axel but i would rather stay rubber or poly to make the ride atleast tolerable its a dd. Thanks
Has to be rubber on axle end with a 4 link..go to ironrockoffroads site.they sell the older style, last a lot longer and cheap..

Those bushings can be a bear to get out.

I had really good luck using a 1/2" drill bit to drill the rubber around the metal sleve, then pound out the sleve. With the sleve out, pry out the rubber. Then use a saw to cut the outer shell of the bushing - but don't cut into the housing. Once cut, it will pop right out.

99-04 grand cherokee is a little better than stock. thats what im putting in mine.
mike

do you or anyone else have a valid part number for NAPA, CSK/O'rileys, vatozone? i checked a few months ago and the only thing they have listed is for zj/xj bushing

They do make a hiem joint type that replaces the oem rubber ones. I forgot who maked them though. Im sure someone will post a link to them for you...

Why would it matter if you used a flex joint vs rubber joint? They both allow for flex, so i dont see how it would cause any binding. Other than they would kinda transfer the vibrations more, but i dont see the differenct other than that? Un less im missing something?

Why would it matter if you used a flex joint vs rubber joint? They both allow for flex, so i dont see how it would cause any binding. Other than they would kinda transfer the vibrations more, but i dont see the differenct other than that? Un less im missing something?
Your not,its only a radius arm set-up that you cant use "hard" joints!

Thats what i thought. Ok. On a shortarm lift is it really worth going with rockkrawler joints or johnny joints on the axle side? of the UCA?

Nothing.

Actually, aren't the GC "boxed" while the the stock XJ are an open "U"?

Supposedly the lower GC "angled" control arms can be made to fit with very little effort and they allow more wheel movement room with larger tires and wider rims, like a salvage yard alternative to Rusty's angled lower control arms.

the WJ bushings have a tubular inner sleeve vs the XJ bushings with a rolled piece of flat stock

Not only that, but the WJ one has a true ID of 10mm throughout the entire sleeve. the XJ one has an ID of like 12mm with dimples inside that keep the stock 10mm bolt centered in the sleeve.

Back