• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How long should a person have to wait?

crazy4mopar

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys
If you order parts from a member of a board how long should you have to wait to get it?
I ordered some "Wigets" from someone who, to most people on the board this member is "the best person, most responsible, wealth of information, has forgotten more about cars than I'll ever know...... yada yada yada ect. This is the kind of member who from what I can tell actually helps people out with REAL info on motors, trannies and stuff. So I don't want to start sh*t with them cause I WILL GET ALL THE BS BACK ON ME because "he wouldn't do that, your a liar" kind of mentality on the board

The situation:
I order some wigets from him cause his wigets are really good. I figured the big widget should take a week or so to build and another week or so to ship. Mean while I get all the little wigets, I'm happy. 3 weeks later I contact the member via PM "Has my big wiget shipped out". The next day I get a response "I don't know,I'll check on it" 3 days later I send another PM" any luck finding out if it shipped"... No response. I contact the Wiget manufacturer they say "it only takes 3 days to make that wiget" so today is 31 days still no wiget and no response. My first thought was he's busy building wigets for other people, but I check out the board sure enough posts from him left and right.

The person is not on this board but he has excellent feedback.....
here is the time line:
1. I Mail Bank check on 5-10-07
2. pm'd on 6-9-07 for update
3. got response on 6-10-07 "will check"
4. pm'd on 6-13-07 "any luck"
5. emailed 6-15-07 no response yet.
6. Called phone # got " if you are customer of mine email me"

I just want to schedule time to install my wiget
So what do I do ?.... this aint no 5$ wiget, its a 1686$ wiget :twak:

Sounds like an economic class.

Call the dude. PM over and over again.

I think im being scammed right now aswell. Although the money spent was less its still $160. Havent had contact with the member for a week and he's been inactive for the past 2 days. Which means the popup about having a new PM didnt catch his attention or he just took my money and ran. Il give him another week then take it up with PayPal.

I'm confused. Is a wiget the same thing as a widget or are you talking about 2 different things?

riverfever said:
I'm confused. Is a wiget the same thing as a widget or are you talking about 2 different things?

this is a Wicket,
wicket.jpg

Maybe their cousins?

Gotcha. I thought that was the case but woulda been damn creative if you were talking about 2 separate things.

Sorry your having trouble getting your stuff man. I I had a similar experience trying to get some stuff from a small company. Fortunately, money never exchanged hands (the owners suggestion) so I was just left trying to find something else I liked. Couldn't be the same guy. Hope you get things sourced.

Blkxjkrawler said:
this is a Wicket,
wicket.jpg

Maybe their cousins?

What is that?

EDIT:
I just received confirmation from someone that shall remain nameless (soon to be wife) that what you posted is actually an Ewock? She also said that one of them was named Wicket W Warrior. Not really sure how that information is useful in this life but I like the way fish slime feels and smells so what the hell do I know?

riverfever said:
What is that?

EDIT:
I just received confirmation from someone that shall remain nameless (soon to be wife) that what you posted is actually an Ewock? She also said that one of them was named Wicket W Warrior. Not really sure how that information is useful in this life but I like the way fish slime feels and smells so what the hell do I know?

You are correct Sir.
Trust me, It has no use at all.

on topic though, The lack of communication definately sucks. I bought my rear locker off the board, It took 31 days to get to me. I was definatley thinking something was foul, but at least the seller was somewhat prompt about returning my PM's. In the end it was the usps(suprise suprise) that had misplaced it somewhere in the midwest.

I guess these things happen. I'm at week number ten (10) waiting on an 8.8 diff cover that will actually fit a Ford 8.8 diff. So far I've listened to three different versions of why the three! covers I have been shipped don't fit, and several promised dates of actually getting what I paid for back on April 4th have come and gone. Even well-respected forum vendors sometimes don't come through as quickly as we would hope, and the waiting is really Rough Stuff when you need the part.

Back