• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil filter elbow bent

skog

NAXJA Forum User
I was at the oil change place and the guy told me that the oil pump/ thing that the oil filter connects to is bent and if i hit a bump it could hit hte oil pan and rupture the oil filter and let the oil drian out. That does not sound like my idea of a good time. so i looked at it and it has fallen about 15 to 20 degrees. is this a big deal. If so how do i fix it?

thanks
skog

????? What year...etc. Are you refering to the oil filter adapter, the thing the filter screws to? Pic would help also....this sounds suspect.

Rev

'96 sport. 4.0 I dont have a camera but if somebody would post a pic i could draw an arrow to the prob area in paint then repost. The this the filter screws too is what is drooped not actually bent.

thanks
skog

If it is loose enough to move it must leak like a sieve. If it ain't leaking I think the guy is giving you a load. Is this somewhere you go often?

Rev

no it is not loose. the guy ( a fairly large gent) coundnt twist it at all. he called me out and showed me and it is defenaly lower that it is supposed to be. When i bought my vechile about a year ago it looked like this. I changed my oil and stuck a 3/8" socket extension in it and was able to move it back to horizonal. It has fallen since my last oil change i did about 3500 miles ago (2 months) I have done no wheeling in the past 4 months :( I trust this place though i have never taken my vechile there before it is where we take our company trucks and they have never tried to screw us over before.

thanks
skog

I'm trying to picture what would be "hanging" too..

Here are some pictures of my block while it was being built..

'97 TJ block ( I think...)

Easter%20007.jpg

This is the adapter that was on my '99 block that doesn't work with the above block

pic%20002.jpg

I have other pictures... Do either of these cover what you are refering to?

Mark em up and re-post so we can see.

-Adam-

here is a pic. you can kinda see it is sagging a bit. the above pic from ADam J is the part that is sagging. this pic is the best i could get. it is pretty tight and at a weird angle in there. appreciate all the help

thanks
skog

P7100009.JPG

If it is not hitting or leaking, tighten it up and leave it. What brand of filter is that? And is it the correct size?

JMHO

Rev

Last edited:
Back