• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW Fest 06 re-visited

hysiderafter

NAXJA Member #1296
I finally got some film processed a couple weeks ago and tonight I scanned some pics of IXNAXJ and XJourney navigating the rock pile. If either of you want the prints pm me and I'll mail them to you. I happened to see ECKSJAY near Liberty the day I got the photos back and gave the pics of his rig to him already.

Scan480.jpg

Scan481.jpg

Scan482.jpg

Scan483.jpg

Scan484.jpg

Scan485.jpg

Scan486.jpg

Scan487.jpg

Scan488.jpg

Scan489.jpg

Wow those are great pictures. I think that I am interested to either of the bottom two. Just not sure which one.

Hey Brian what ever happen to that video you were shooting at NWF?

IXNAYXJ said:
It's not my fault my Jeep is photogenic. Thanks for posting those, Steve!

I really liked the last two of Hans...showing him leaving the obstacle before the end. :D:D:D

-----Matt-----

Ouch. All I know is that I was able to follow you "BIG DAWGS" up until the end. And I could have made it if I had 4 Hi-lift jacks and walked the jeep out on stilts
:greensmok

IXNAYXJ said:
No, we were all waiting for Phil to get unstuck. :D

To Hans' credit, he was on 31" tires and open. His armor came in real handy....

-----Matt-----

If I remember correctly this is my recollection:

I spotted Hans back off the rocks right after "I have never ever been more nervouse of spotting a rig and it rolling" when I had matt VERY close to going over (I can't remember seeing a pic of that either?). When I spot I take into account the rig and driver and keep the possibility of body damage commeserate with the condition of the truck when it started the trail:flame:

PS. Hans didn't use a single skid on those rocks. Matt has a very large gouge in his "frame rails" to prove he was there.

PPS. Phil really was holding up the group and we were already really late getting back to camp.

PPPS. If I had let Hans do any body damage on that trail he would have never helped my fix my flat tire on the way home:roll:

Michael

2xtreme said:
PPS. Phil really was holding up the group and we were already really late getting back to camp.

Anybody get pics of me holding the group at gunpoint? :roflmao:

Eli did a hell of a job spotting for a first-timer. This reminds me, I still need to shave off that lip from the bottom of that diff, ugh.

ECKSJAY said:
Anybody get pics of me holding the group at gunpoint? :roflmao:

Eli did a hell of a job spotting for a first-timer. This reminds me, I still need to shave off that lip from the bottom of that diff, ugh.

Don't I remember you saying one time that "you didn't need to shave the diff and that you just avoid the rocks"

I found it yea.:party:
ECKSJAY said:
Meh, 7 years and I have only hung it up one time when I wasn't paying attention. :D
:smootch:

ECKSJAY said:

Ive ran into Steve in different places too. Seems to be everywhere. :eyes:

Yea, watching rock crawling vids on the internet, picked up a few pointers.

If you want to do yours, im doing mine the weekend after the Reiter noob run deal. Also moving the shock mount up. Come awn down.

ECKSJAY said:
This reminds me, I still need to shave off that lip from the bottom of that diff, ugh.

See, there are some advantages of the Dana 35;)

Michael

ECKSJAY said:
Yup, plenty of free ones out there for the taking. :D

With that in mind, I'd like to find a fairly cheap Trac Lok or other Limited Slip for the ZJ...

Any takers?

John

Back