• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring bolt?

Harlee&Tahoe

NAXJA Forum User
Searched.
All the posts I've read about, replacing the bolt was never stated.
The bolt looks as if there is a machined diameter. "shoulder"
Is this a dealer only part?
I had to cut the bolt from the spring to bracket, the nut also broke its weld
(guy @ NAPA said it was 15/16=23.81mm)
Do I need to weld nut into place or can I just torque it down?
Will I get play in that area or more popping noises?

are you sure you broke the welds on the nut? i thought i did but the bolt was frozen in the bushing. if the nut is broken off, you are going to have to cut a hole in the "nut box" and use a wrench to remove it. weld a new nut in its place, weld up the hole. put plenty of anti seize on the new bolts too or this will happen again. do a search to find the "nut box" i am refering too. i was able to get new bolt from an auto store near me.

i've replaced mine twice and had the nut weld break. what i did was cut a hole so the nut drops out. go to the hardware store and get greade 8 bolts same diameter and length (thread pattern doesn't matter as long as u buy the same thread pattern nut). Then we wielded a small square pice of steel to the nut (to one of the eight flat sides)so it would slide up into the hole and the piece of steel stuck out of the bottom so it wouldn't spin. then we torqued it in place, no need to try and hold a wrench up in the hole with the square steel on it. worked great for me, i'll try and take a pic if u want when i get home/ a chance

Back