• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hmmmm....what's my XJ worth?

wgregt

NAXJA Forum User
soooo.....my 1988 XJ Limited 4WD is coming up on 30 years since I bought it new. And....I'm thinking about a new(er) Jeep.

Of course the dealership will offer me lunch money for it, but thought I'd ask here and get a feel for what it might be worth on CL, etc. If you have a second I'd love to hear your thoughts.

-290k miles
-leather interior. All perfect except for the drivers sitting area. No one has sat in the back or passenger seat in...15 years probably?
-new tires. Michelin LTX. 235/75R15. Maybe....800 miles on them?
-repainted OEM in 2008. Needs some love/elbow grease. I rarely drive the thing so I rarely wash the thing.
-All OEM as far as tires/ lift etc. I did swap out the 4 wheels about 20 years ago. Hated the waffle come wheels. Now Jeep 5 spoke ones are on it.
-Good power. Never been in the engine for anything.
-limo tint glass all around. Hot here in SoCal.
-automatic trans (duh)
-AC works/blows cold. No issues. Still running R12 b/c....it works.
-Nerf tube step bars (black) on both sides. Also full wrap around front end/grill bars and rear light grills to match. All black.

Thoughts?

Pictures are worth thousands of words.

1500 maybe if it passes smog and sun isn't taking its toll. At 290K it could keep going, or die trying to pull a grade on a hill. Probably worth more to somebody as a short trip daily driver, than somebody looking to build a Cherokee.

Here in Colorado, you might get $3000 on CL. Nice fairly rust free, non molested rig is getting harder to find.

It's pretty easy to find a rust free renix with 300k on it around here for $1500.

Sometimes I feel bad for you guys that live in the snow...then again, at least you have blue skies and green trees?! :cheers:

Sometimes I feel bad for you guys that live in the snow...then again, at least you have blue skies and green trees?! :cheers:

They also seem to have the abundance of junkyard drivetrains. It seems like LS motors grow on trees on snow covered slopes.

I may have missed it but people have been telling me XJ's were stupid expensive for a while?

They also seem to have the abundance of junkyard drivetrains. It seems like LS motors grow on trees on snow covered slopes.
ive had no problems getting them here. I've gotten two low mileage ones for 300-400 complete

We have all kinds of snow and usually an over abundance of rain and its cheaper for me to drive down to CA and buy an LS motor than it is to pick one up local.

OK. It's official. New car, the XJ has to go. I'll list it on CL here in SoCal this week. Speak up if you are interested. Truly, if I had the space I'd keep it as it runs good. If I had to drive it cross country tomorrow, I'd have no reason to sweat it.

Back