• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

antique cherokee???

Interesting. Perhaps the tail lights, steering wheel and seats were from a Cherokee.

Powered by a 1.2L Toyota motor?
CJ front end?
13" wheels?

I think not; funny though :D

Gotta love folks that can't do basic math:

"ONLY 10 OF THESE CARS MADE:"

and then:

"CAR IS ONE OF A KIND WILL TURN ALL HEADS"

The only thing it's"turn"ing for me is my stomach

:puke:

From a vin decode, it started life as an 89 Cherokee 4x4 Pioneer 4dr with the 4.0l. Although as with everyone else I don't see anything at all related to an XJ.

Like Art said, looks like the jeep knockoffs that are made in the Philippines by the thousands. Usually had a small Toyota engine, sometimes diesel, and used for transporting the familiy. Longer wheelbase versions are commonly used for public transportation. The Sarao company actually has (or had) a license from Jeep to produce body parts for the old flat fenders and export them to the U.S.

I would want to know a lot more about the history of this before bidding. Like how it got a '89 XJ VIN but was built in 1995? Who really built it and where? Seller has no feedback and oddball vehicle description - don't think so!

Well , it is interesting, but the good questions....why it has an 89xj vin, and was made in 1995 , probably will never be answered, maybe that is how they got it here to begin with. As far as Jitney's go it sucks, not very interesting or entertaining at all......some of them are an amusing curiosity at least.

Here is an example of one of the "jeeps" I was talking about. I've seen about every variation in drivetrains. This one has a German Ford v-6. Lots of Isuzu and Mitsubishi diesels were used as well. A v-6 would be a real luxury over there due to gas prices. When I was there last summer, gas was about $1.00/liter. The outlaws tell me it is considerably more now, but haven't given any specifics.

http://www.jeepaholics.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42894

I was thinking one of these would make a cool daily driver. They are pretty tough so they can handle the potholes that pass for roads over there, but I never saw a 4wd model.

Back