• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 electrical fan connector from main harness

XJ Fanatic

NAXJA Forum User
okay i need a fan wiring connector for my 97 xj. I checked the fan connection today off a friends suggestion and found that the wiring was fried at the connection to the main harness.

Wondering if anyone has an XJ they are parting out that may have that portion of the wiring harness.

Or suggestions on what I can use to build a new connector on the main harness.

Thanks guys.:repair:

05017117AA Is the part number for the factory harness repair kit to replace that connector. I paid ~$20 a few years back when I bought one for mine, but it looks like they are now around $30.

Also that connector is the same on XJs from ~96-01 and on the WJs till 03 or 04 with the 4.0 motors, you should be able to nab one from the JY if you wanted to go that route.

That is perfect information thank you.

Now I just need to know which wires is hot and which is ground if I splice them until a replacement is delivered.

got it figured out. tested the fan with the cable connectors removed and it turn on fine with the ac running. YAY me not to make new connectors :(

Okay I have clipped off all the bad ends and direct connected the fan to the wire harness. As soon as I turn the ac on the electric fan turns on and vise versa when the AC is turned off.

Bad thing is the wires are hot to touch I am just wondering if this is due to the direct connection. And now I am wondering if I should put a fuse link in between to keep the direct power from getting to hot and melting my wiring.

Thoughts?

How hot is hot to touch? Most likely you need a fan— your bad fan caused the connector to go into meltdown mode

Check amazon for a fan, in just bought one a month ago — around $40 iirc

Your direct connection is fine, it’s not causing the hot wires — just be aware that you have now made a connection that may cause your hot wire problem to move somewhere else and potentially cause damage that’s more difficult to repair

Back