• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99/2000'Axles

fzsk4p

NAXJA Forum User
First to admit I know very little about XJ's.

Crawled up from the basement to ask this basic question.

Been offered a pair of axles from a 99/2000 XJ for 50 bucks.
While I have no use for them I am thinking they could be flipped pretty easy.

The rear looks to be a 35 from the picture so nothing special there.

Aren't all 30's from that era HP ? And would have the larger U joints ?

My XJ buddies are in disagreement saying that some were LP and others HP
Hit or miss for the 99/2000 era.

What say the NAXJA Wrecking crew ?

1999 should be HP
2000 should be LP

Around here D35's get scrapped or used as rollers, typically free and it can be hard to give them away. The larger 5-760X came around 1996, earlier if ABS. Any 1997+ axle had the larger u-joints for sure.

The D35 axle shafts are worth about $75-100, much more if somebody is on a 4x4 trail with a broken D35. The front axle shafts are worth about the same. The steering linkage can be sold or carried for a spare. Around here a complete axle assembly is worth $100 at the U-Pull-It junkyard and about $150 at the full service junkyard.

I see complete HP30's go for $150 to $200 depending how clean they are. They were worth more when TJ's were all the rage, because they were an upgrade for TJ guys.

The last couple 35's I had ended up going in the chopsaw and then the trash can.

The D35 might be worth slightly more than nothing if it's geared lower than 3.55...

Back