• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 Swap - ABS issues?

mfascuba

NAXJA Forum User
Just looking into possibly putting a new D30 replacement axle into my 97 XJ. The question I have is, if I get a new axle that does not have the ABS "rings" on the outer shafts, can I just swap outer axle shafts and then mount the ABS pickups on the new knuckles, or are the knuckles different for ABS versions?

Just in the initial stages of looking into this, thanks for the help.

Mark

Write up coming soon on retaining your ABS when swapping from a D35 to a D44. Real easy.:)

As for your earlier question, while it really could be as easy as pressing new rings onto the replacement shafts, I doubt you'll be able to find new rings. While doing my D44 swap, I tried all the parts places and the dealership and no one had just the tone rings available. The closest I got was being able to buy a complete set of axle shafts from the dealership with the tone rings already pressed on. Your options are to either reuse the ones from your old axle, or go to the junkyard and find some there. If you do manage to find a supplier for new tone rings, please let me know.

Back