NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old April 12th, 2018, 12:17
NAXJA Forum User

Corbeau seat height

My driver's seat is shot and causing back pain, so it's time to replace. I'm 6'4" so I think XJ seats are out of the question, since I don't have much room to work with.

I've searched around on these forums and others, and read that corbeau seats, with their XJ adapter bracket sit higher than stock seats. I called corbeau up to get some numbers, and both time they verified that the top of the seat cushion on the moab and sport (the two I'm looking at) sits about 9.5" off the top of the floor, and ~11" if using their adapter bracket.

That sounds off to me, since the top of my seat cushion sits around ~13.5" off from the floor. Based on what the corbeau guys are saying, with their seat and brackets, I'd be sitting around ~2" lower than my stock seats, which goes against everything I've heard so far.

What am I missing here?
Old April 22nd, 2018, 00:03
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Corbeau seat height

I had the ultras in my 2000 using their bracket. I'm only 5'10" and it was a pain to get in and out. Currently have xrc seats and it's much easier. I do have a cage which limits how far back I can put the seats. . My ds has the corbeau bracket still and the ps is stock. I can get measurements of both.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 16:18
NAXJA Member

My Corbeau are tall and wide. I beat the crap out of the tunnel to get them to sit lower. Or I could have dropped them down my moving them toward the door and sit offset from the steering wheel. No way you could sit in my XJ.
Old April 25th, 2018, 10:40
NAXJA Member

I'm 6'2 and run the Baja Ultras. At first I used the Corbeau bracket and it was too tall. My legs were too close to the steering wheel and it was difficult to get in with the high bolsters. I went back to the stock seat sliders and made brackets to make them work. I now sit about an inch or so lower than stock and have plenty of room to slide in around the steering wheel.

Not the best pic to show how the seat sits but it's the clearest shot I have of the seat installed.

Edit* heres another pic that may show the head room a little better.

Last edited by akendal4; April 25th, 2018 at 10:44.