• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Breitenbush Lake

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
An impromptu Thursday night run came up this week. My buddy Nik posted up and wanted to check snow conditions up at the cabins. My jeep was in good shape so I decided to throw my hat in.
Threw some junk in and headed for Petro.

We Met up at the South entrance to the Breitenbush Lake loop, aired down, and hit the trail! the snow conditions were great and there was about a foot of fresh powder to plow through on the way up to the top. a good 2/3 ft by the time we hit 5k in elevation.

Made it up to the cabin a the lake with no troubles.

being only 8:30 at this point we decided to push on and do the whole loop. it takes us further away from detroit, and further down the other side. But much more seat/snow time would be in order. We were all IN, of course.
hit the cabin at Breitenbush Meadow, Bs'd, And back in the jeeps. we hit the 46 again and headed up the pass for detroit and home. The Ice was present, and road not plowed, I'll say my TruTrack got a workout. And I love it! works amazing, you can feel it searching for traction all the time. And no more snapping sideways when a tire breaks loose. I have to TRY to fishtail it now.

Got to the top and saw another loop to run. The 4698 headed to elk lake looked alright. we went for it! took a while longer. but it was all snow and felt good to be out in the boonies and the middle of the night. all was well.

Hit the 46 main line again 4 mile from Detroit this time. Filled the tires and peeled for home. I Hit Detroit at 12:30 am, Shot tessa a text, filled the coffee cup, and mashed it.

I Hit Stayton and had this MPG reading. I guess my jeep likes the 35's...

Not bad for a 17yr old XJ with 35" tires 244k on the ticker and 20psi in the shoes.:smoker:
Thanks for the invite Nik'! Cant wait to get out there again soon.

Bronze.

Back