• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway Bar Position

John D

NAXJA Member # 788
I have been thinking about putting my sway bar back on after moving my front axle forward 2". When I mounted the sway bar to the frame and put it where I think it should be the back of it contacts my spring. I am wondering if the sway bar will work effectively in this position or maybe even a tab higher. Thoughts?

DSCN2169.jpg

Go to the JKS website, download the instructions for the XJ quicker disconnects.

JKS says the sway bar should be at about 10* up angle, just about like in your picture.

I have been thinking about putting my sway bar back on after moving my front axle forward 2". When I mounted the sway bar to the frame and put it where I think it should be the back of it contacts my spring. I am wondering if the sway bar will work effectively in this position or maybe even a tab higher. Thoughts?

DSCN2169.jpg

JKS reccomends the sway bar must be within 5 to 15 degrees above horizontal plane (10deg as optimum).
why dont you drill the unibody an inch forward from current location so you can install the swaybar busings forward?

Go to the JKS website, download the instructions for the XJ quicker disconnects.

JKS says the sway bar should be at about 10* up angle, just about like in your picture.

Thanks, I'll look.

JKS reccomends the sway bar must be within 5 to 15 degrees above horizontal plane (10deg as optimum).
why dont you drill the unibody an inch forward from current location so you can install the swaybar busings forward?

I considered this, but I won't be plating this area until next winter and there's not much to attach to forward of the current mounts.

Back