• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Regrets on full width axles

cemeyer

NAXJA Forum User
Are there any of you that have gone to full width axles who are regretting it? I am on the fence with going full width and I want to hear from you guys to see if it is worth it.

None of all the guys I regularly wheel with have any regrests........because none of us have full width axles. :)

Sometimes it matters, sometimes it doesn't, a lot depends on where you wheel. You just take a little different line than the regular width guys. Now, if you're going to drive it regularly, that makes a difference. If I had to go cheap, I'd go full width, but if I had a choice I wouldn't.

There, a 2 cent opinion from someone who hasn't gone full width.

Thank you. I sat down today looked at the xj and looked at my 77f150, measured and decided to stay xj width.

Just food for thought. I had dana 30/ 8.8 with 16x10 3.5" backspacing wheels with 35s for a few years. Went to full width 60s with H2 wheels 17x9 with a 5.5" backspacing. End result is only a few inches wider than I was before. Not sure what your plans are, but if you can find a good set of axles with 410 gears. You maybe not be looking at any work as far as rebuilding goes. Just install. The only thing I have considered was narrowing the front to 66". Mainly just to match the rear better. No regrets though. I also daily drive mine.

None here.

I'm pretty narrow as far as full-widths go though (81" overall). Wouldn't want it any wider really.

Same here (same width +/- 1), I have only found one set of trees on a trail where I was to wide.

Last edited:
Back