• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holes in defrost door

Graham123

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 jeep Cherokee XJ and Iv been having an issue where no matter what vent mode I have my AC on air will blow through the defrost vent as well as whatever vent I have it set on. I don’t believe it’s a vaccum issue because all the vents open and close as they should including the defrost vent.. the air that’s escaping through the defrost vent seems to be coming thru 2 holes that look factory made into the defrost door. My question is it normal for there to be those 2 holes in that door and if so should air be coming thru them when the door is closed?

I don't know about XJs in particular but many American cars had the doors covered with foam, which disintegrates and blows out of the vents over time causing what you describe. Does it appear that there's glue residue on it, since you apparently have taken it apart enough to see it?

Back