NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > SoCal Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

SoCal Chapter The SoCal Chapter covers Southern California and Arizona. Please post local topics here.

Old April 3rd, 2019, 07:48
Blue. Purple. Blurple.

Jeep shop near Barstow/Victorville area?

Hi all. My XJ has developed a consistent startup noise that I do not like at all, which sounds like a bearing to me. It's also developed some hard shifting issues that I suspect are related to a custom pilot bearing installed by a shop in Oklahoma. I do not have time to work on it since my Army schedule is crazy. I bought a beater YJ and took the XJ off the road. Looking for a shop anywhere near me that I can trust to have a look at it. Very little about the engine bay is stock anymore esp. the Russ Pottenger engine, so the place here on post won't touch it.

Any recommendations?