• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lsx 1T XJ

choogala

NAXJA Forum User
starting to build my new daily driver XJ. 2000 xj aluminum 5.3 4l65e from monster trans ford dana 60 4340 shafts with 35 spline outers 5.13 gears ARB front with a 14 bolt shaven to the TMR 15 bolt conversion with Yukon grizzly locker on 37"

105686918d7e8fa58585d8c0396cbb27.jpg

Are you ordering the 4l65e directly from monster? Or installing 5 pinion planetaries into a 4L60?

I only ask since I have built 2 trans' with the monster in a box kit with the upgraded planets and the way they do their front planet to reaction shaft bearing is wrong. It's known as a failure point that they fail to accept and change.

For your reference: 4l60e correct way to install the 5 pinion planets

Also, sweet build plans. I am finishing up a similar build.

sending armor/flairs, diff cover, motor mounts and brake brackets to powder coating today will have them back tomorrow. going to be cutting out the axle trusses tonight after work

got my parts back from powder coating and shortened the passenger side tube on the D60 and go the C back on. going to finish the trusses tonight
progress.gif

Back