• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

04' WJ P1389 NO DTC Found question

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

Bought an '04 WJ, I was going through routine maintenance and getting it ready for the road and while i was going through fuses and all that, I forgot to put a few back in. I started it and it immediately stalled. Then i realized i left a few fuses out. That being said, one was for lights, i believe one was AC, and another was fuel pump/injectors. That explains the immediate stalling. I put them back in and it fired right up and ran like normal, but then my yellow engine symbol light came on. I plugged in to scan the code which is P1389. When I searched the code everyone said it was no voltage at ASD or something computer related not getting voltage. The problem is my scanner said "P1389 No DTC found". When i searched that i found it stood for diagnostic trouble codes. So if there were no codes found why is my light on? I need to do emissions and it wont pass with that light on right? Any ideas? I can delete the code or disconnect battery to see if that resets it, but i know i still wont be able to go through emissions until i drive it for a few days to put info back into the recently reset computer. Any help appreciated.

Thanks for the link. I am doing some routine maintenance and decided to change the battery too so the code is gone as of now, hopefully it stays off so i can get it through emissions.

Back